How to clean your ceramic tile floor?
Different flooring surfaces require a specific type of cleaning method and materials. Using the wrong one can damage your floor. That’s why the ceramic tile floor needs a gentle care to look clean and glazed. You have to be careful because if you leave the dirt on a wet floor and don’t remove it immediately it may turn into hard grime.
Here are some tips that will help you to keep your floor good looking and fresh.
- It is good to start with sweeping or vacuuming the floor before you clean it with a mop (we suggest you do not use a sponge mop). You can use plastic-bristled brush to scrub the harder stains. To prevent the floor from new dirt appearing, when you finish mopping, dry the floor with a dry mop or use old cloths or towels to wipe over the floor.
- If you are wondering what detergent to use, you can try with a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner. It won’t leave soapy residue.
- Use warm water but not very hot. In combination with a good cleaning product it will make your tiles shining and it will enhance their color. Don’t forget to change it when it becomes dirty because otherwise it will leave cloudy stains.
- If the floor is covered with hard stains, you can easily remove them with water and baking soda.
- If you scent a bad odor coming from the floor you can try a tested homemade cleanser, which will eliminate every unpleasant odor – a mixture of water and white vinegar.
- Don’t forget to clean the corners and under the edges of appliances.